NOTICE TO USER
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT ("EULA") FOR " MEDIA PLAYER UPDATE SOFTWARE " ("SOFTWARE") PROVIDED WITH THE EULA. BY DOWNLOADING THE SOFTWARE OR PRESSING "Yes" BUTTON BELOW, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS EULA.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS EULA, PRESS "No" BUTTON BELOW AND DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE, IN WHICH CASE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE SOFTWARE.
Open source software (OSS) ;
This licensed program uses various OSS licenses and includes software covered by GNU General Public License (GPL) and GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL).
The usage conditions here do not apply to the OSS licenses.
For details such as copyright for an OSS, please refer to the end of the Media Player Operation Manual and Software license information on the CD-ROM included with the product.
These use conditions apply to software other than the abovementioned OSS.
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Sharp NEC Display Solutions, Ltd. ("SNDS") grants you ("User") a license to use the Software provided with this End User License Agreement ("EULA"). User assumes responsibility for the selection, adoption use and the result of use of the Software to achieve its intended result.
- EULA will become effective upon User's agreement to the terms of EULA and shall remain in force until User terminates it by returning or destroying the Software and its related documents.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing SNDS may terminate EULA at any time upon User fails to abide by any terms of EULA. Upon the termination of EULA by SNDS, the license granted to User shall be terminated automatically. User agrees to destroy the Software together with all copies of it upon such termination.
- User may use the Software to the extent necessary for using with User's Media Player manufactured by SNDS.
- The Software is in "use" on the Media Player when it is loaded into temporary memory (i.e., RAM) or installed into permanent memory (e.g., ROM, hard disk, CD-ROM, or other storage device) of the Media Player.
Replication, modification and merger of the Software
- User may make copies of the Software and related documentation to the extent reasonably necessary for using the Media Player. User agrees to reproduce the SNDS's copyright notice and other notice on any such copies.
- User may not use, copy, modify, combine with any hardware or software, reproduce or otherwise dispose of the Software and related documentation, except as expressly permitted in EULA.
- No provision in EULA shall be construed to assign and/or transfer any intellectual property right in the Software to User.
Transfer of the Software
- User may transfer the Software to any third party, provided always that:
- User must transfer, with the Software, to such third party EULA and all the related documentation with all copies thereof, and must not retain any copy thereof, and:
- Such third party has agreed to the terms and conditions of EULA.
- Except as otherwise expressly permitted above, User may not sublicense, assign, transfer or otherwise dispose of the license for the Software.
User may not reverse engineer, decompile, and/or disassemble the Software, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
Limitations of Warranty
Except as expressly specified herein, the Software is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, including but not limited to implied warranties for fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, title and non-infringement of any third party rights.
Limitations of Liability
In no event shall SNDS be responsible for any indirect, consequential or special damages or lost profits even if SNDS has been advised of the possibility of such damages, and/or for any claim for compensation or damage by any third party to User.
- The validity, interpretation, construction and performance of EULA shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
- User shall not export the Software, all the related documentation and all copies thereof to any country to which such export would be prohibited by any applicable laws.